Friday, May 11, 2012

Red Pants & MMM Day 11

Day 11:

Red Clovers (MMM Day 11)


Red Clovers (MMM Day 11)


Red Clovers (MMM Day 11)


Pants: Colette Clover
Shirt: Bought it ages ago from Marshalls
Shoes: Etienne Aigner

My second pair of Clovers! I'll make this quick, since a) I have to leave for work, & b) these are pretty similar to the last pair I made.

Improvements over last time:
  • Longer
  • Pockets I can actually use (the last ones were super tiny)
  • Better construction on the welt pockets
Still needs work:
  • I think I need to shave off about 1/8" from all of the pieces, to account for the fabric stretching out over the course of the day.
QUICK FACTS:
Fabric: Stretch cotton sateen (shows every.single.wrinkle.) from AK Fabrics.  Facings & pocket linings in leftover navy stretch from my Mad Men Dress, also from AK Fabrics.
Pattern: Colette Clover
Modifications: Done sallieoh style.  

17 comments :

  1. These are adorable! I love me some red pants.
    I used stretch cotton sateen for my Mad Men challenge dress and that baby was wrinkled beyond recognition after wearing it to work for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah - I'll probably go for a different fabric next time - I like the sheen, but something a little more wrinkle-forgiving would be nice.

      Delete
  2. Red pants are awesome! These are so cute and fit you really well. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red pants are awesome. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hot damn, these fit PERFECTLY! How did you do it?!?! I STILL can't work up the nerve to try the Clovers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how I did it... luck maybe? You should make some!!

      Delete
  4. Those Clovers are perfect. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THOSE CLOVERS!! lol! They fit so nice! I hope you don't mind me saying, but they make your butt look great! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... I don't mind :) Butt compliments are just as good/better than general compliments.

      Delete
  6. those clovers look RTW bought!! i LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow- they look great, and someone was saying Clover pattern has fitting faults…. don't know why- yours look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just foudn your blog. I am absolutely loving it! Thanks for the inspiration. I love the colette pants. I have not ordered any of the patterns but think I will get this one now that I have seen yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Clovers are fantastic, what a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! New follower.. through blogs of the world:)
    Great pants.. look great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to have not commented earlier...your pants are to die for! Can't believe they are handmade, it's the sort of fit you strive for and happy to pay good money for in something store bought. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete