Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Look for the New Year


I spent the morning making some exciting (well, for me!) formatting changes to the blog... The old format is below for reference.


With the assistance of PicMonkey and Paint, plus a little Google-fu, I made some social media icons and also changed a bunch of more boring aesthetic things.  Let me know if you stumble upon anything that doesn't work! My next big project is getting all of my projects up on Flickr (I got lazy and started using Picasa) but that sounds sooooo boring.

I'll be back soon with some finished projects, I hope.  I have 4-5 things in progress, and seem to be incapable of finishing any of them.

12 comments :

  1. Looking good! I'm only working on 1 project, the dress that will never end -- mainly b/c I can't make myself sew it. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just won't sew themselves, huh? I frequently wish I could just do the fun stuff, and get someone else to trace/sew darts/hem/put in the zip.

      Delete
  2. looks great! i'm clueless when it comes to blog design... i should really make an effort to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog looks great! From what I've read you should have an easier time customizing with wordpress - you should look into it!

      Delete
  3. Love it! The font is great :) I'm totally with you on the UFOs! I've had these two navy garments in progress since November and just can't find the motivation to actually finish them... and I'm too lazy to re-thread my machine with anything but navy thread, so this really is a pickle ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ugh, WHY does changing thread feel so difficult?! I know it will only take a few minutes, but I DON'T WANNA DO IT!!

      Delete
  4. Love the blog design! Wish I knew how to do this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you could do it - there are some great tips and tutorials out there!

      Delete
  5. Nice job! I love the new look. I would love to learn more how to do this. Mine is close, but not quite where I want it to be. I love your heading font, very friendly feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks really nice. i am in the process of an overhaul as well. it takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! You'll find a good rhythm again, don't despair. :)

    ReplyDelete